Sunday, October 31, 2010

Updates

Hi! How´s it going? Amy your picture is sooo awesome! I love Paul´s costume, wow his knees are looking good! Haha,

Well good news! My neck fungus is gone. I have just been having really dry skin for so long and I think it was just dead skin turning black or something and after scrubbing really really hard and having a lot of skin flake off, my neck is back to normal. Sorry that is kind of gross. I have had weird skin in general is Uruguay. My eye has really dry rashy stuff on the lid also, Hna Garnder gave me some vaseline to put on it and that is helping but now it is itchy and bumpy and puffy like I´m allergic to the vaseline, ay que cosa. And lately my lips are super chapped and dry but today i finally found some good chapstick at a farmacia, but you could stick some in a package if it´s not too late :). Also, mom thankyou so much for figuring out my debit card. I don´t really get it though, did you arrange it so the one i have works until the new one comes? Because Friday night we went by an atm and i decided to try it again just in case and it worked! I was like, oh my gosh my mom is AMAZING! Seriously though there are so missionaries who can´t get their families to do anything for them which is kind of hard when you are in Uruguay and you just can´t do some things for yourself and it is so frustrating. But not me, my family rocks! And now I have another task to ask of Judy and Renita. There is a 16 year old girl named Varinia that accompanied us the other day and she was telling me that her mother was baptized about 34 years ago by an elder who later in his mission encouraged Varinia´s father to reactivate himself and serve a mission. Years after her parents married they realized that it was the same elder who had made such an impact in both of their lives and they wanted to let them know how much he had done for them and that the two had married in the temple, but they don´t know how to find him. BUT, he is from Pocatello and he is know about 54 years old. Do either of you know a Glade Gunnell? Could you look him up in the phone book or something and let me know if you find anything? If you do maybe you could even call him and get his email and send me that and his address so they can write to him. I just know how happy it would make me to hear that my converts are still strong in the church and their children are now sharing the gospel and marrying in the temple because I served a mission. Anyways, let me know.

Yesterday was stake conference, it was a satelite transmission and Elder Costa spoke along with Jean A. Stevens and Elder Ballard and President Packer. It was really good and Elder Packer told some interesting stories, one about an experience he had as a soldier in Japan and another in Peru. In japan there was a young boy he saw from a train that was starving, he tried to open the train window to throw his some money but the window would not open and then the train started to move, the little by ran alongside but the train started to pick up speed and he could not keep up. Elder Packer cried as he told of the sadness that he has carried with him for so long about not being able to ease the suffering of that suffering child. It was really touching.

Now that we have an oven I was wondering if someone would send me some more recipes. Maybe for pizza dough, lemon cookies, chewy brownie cookies and anything else that you can think of that is quick, easy and requires basic ingredients.

Mom, I like the dulce de leche spread on soft white bread with bananas cut up on top. Also good on any kind of cookie or I imagine graham crackers. And I think that the office Elders read an email that hna salisbury sent us titled ''urgent'', so they might have started the rumor or i think hna ung wrote something about it to hna crofts, we didn´t start the rumor though. It´s just dumb mission talk though. That´s cool that jerica is going on a mission, do you know when she leaves?

Yes I am taking my premarin and I still have a lot for a while. No I don´t think Hna Gardner has a blog.

Amy, justo I am writing a letter to you and paul that answer a lot of your questions and I will try to deliver on the pictures.

I gotta go, and I didn´t get that suprise sent yet but I will today, it´s just a tape. Okay, I love you so so much! Halleluja I am almost at my nine month mark. Miss you!

All my love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment