Friday, October 22, 2010

I have a neck fungus. Yuck.

Hey mom and everyone else! How are you all doing? Well I always feel like I have business like things to say before typing all of my email, so here goes:

Mom, I tried to use my debit card today and it wouldn´t work. I called the 1800 number and got a ways into a conversation, put on hold, and then my phone died. But right after it did I realized the problem, silly me, my card expired in july. I don´t really know what I can do about that, any ideas? Okay well that was the biggest thing.

So, changes, I´m staying here with Hermana Gardner! Yay, I am really glad for that. this next change will be seven weeks too so I am glad to know that I will have a good comp that I get along with. I have high hopes for what we will be able to accomplish together this change. This week we contacted an earlier made contact named Beatriz. I was a little wary to actually pass by her house because frankly she kind of weirded me out the first time I met her, but i think it was her brazilian accent and the fact that she tried to sell us underwear and showed us the top of her bra for an example. But turns out she is super cool. After the opening song and prayer she suddenly told us she wanted to cry because she really misses her family in Brazil. told her i could relate. She also asked us some good questions, such as ``what do you believe happens after death, the testigos say the pbody and spirit sleep but i think the sirit goes to some world of spirits, but i don´t know why i think that´´. Yeah, we can work with that. And Martin who is progressing with quitting smoking says he is seriously considering being baptized...at the end of the year. that we can work with too though.

Today for pday we went to the temple since it is usually closed on our normal monday pdays. it was really nice and later we ate at mcdonalds and bought peanut butter. i love being in montevideo. We also bought some halloween stuff to send to the other hermanas.

Guess who got a haircut? me!!!! It was so long and hna smith came for a dentists appt and I had her cut off 10 inches!!! I have SHORT HAIR!! Just kidding, just got a trim!! haha did i get you? It is still super long and I like it. It was fun to see her and hna halladay too. I worried about them together but they are actually really compatible and also didn´t change.

Dear Amy, Happy birthday! I love you my beautiful still very young and hip sister. I look up to you so much and tell my comps all about you. Hope you went skydiving and got the card I sent. Also I got your package this week! I read all your blogs aloud to hna gardner and we both enjoyed them a lot. And glow sticks!! you know me well. love you!

Judy I also got your articles, they were so good, especially kloved the austin collie one and so did the elders who now think i am a colts fan. but maybe I am, it is pretty cool that they have team bible study. mira.

SO i have a neck fungus on my neck under my ears. I don´t actually know what it is but for a few months I have had some discoloration and dryness but this morning it was a dark color and looked like dirt. It doesn´t bother me but it is really gross.

Mom I don´t really want to ask for anything for christmas because your ideas are usually better and you already have done more than enough for me...but..hehe...my journal is almost full and I would like a new one. Hna Gardner has some from shopko that i really like. the brand is markings and I like the one whose picture is attached to this email. i like journals that lay flat when you open them too, not spiral. sorry i know i sound really picky and rude. some other ideas would be short sleeve summer shirts, and they can actually be really casual, mission dress is way more lax than i thought it would be. And I may have mentioned this already but i would really really like just a basic straight edge cutter if you think that would be possible. these are all just ideas though, don´t stress over getting packages to me, you are amazing and that is confirmed to me all the time because I see a lot of missionaries who don´t have the home support that i do.

Well I am out of time, I hope you like the pics and I will email again soon, monday, thank you for your letters and emails they were super good this week! I love you all!

Jessica








No comments:

Post a Comment