Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Halloween

Hey everyone, i am going to tell you now that i got stuck with a not so great keyboard so punctuation will not be great. Thanks for all your emailsª Jennie I tried to look at the pics but they wont come through, i think it is the computer so i will just try again next week. sounds like the party was a big successª yay, good work. and mom i just cant wait to see you dressed up as the queen of hearts, what made you decide to use that costume+

Well I dont have much to tell this week, it was kind of a dull downer week but no big deal. I dont know if i told you already but we made some little halloween baggies to send to some of the other hnas. hna gardner had some cellophane bags with ghosts and pumpkins and then we filled them with some halloween pencils, glowsticks=thanks amyª, some candies including eyeballs and teeth, and a cute halloween card with pumpkin stickers from judy and renita. ´They turned out so so cute. we also took some extra teeth to district and put them on. Also for district i made a yellow cake with a recipe amy sent me at the beginning of my mission. it turned out really good and i made chocolate frosting and sprinkled the fall leaf sprinkles from renita and judy on top. our district was very happy and i was too because it was so fun to be able to make a cake and have an oven in our apartment. plus it turned out super delicious and cute. halloween is kind of a new thing here. some people think it is evil but we did see some little kids trick or treating last night. amy i also gave some glowstick bracelets to the little barcia girls, they really liked them and hna sol if you are reading they are starting the temple prep class. whoo hooª

so in other news yesterday right before sacrament the first counselor asked me to speak or share my testimony. Luckily I carry some fotocopias of talks that i like to use and so i pulled one of those out and took up my scriptures. i assumed that someone who was supposed to speak had not come so i tried to take up some time. they said about five minutes. i was super nervous but i felt like i did okay and probably spoke for about 8 minutes. everyone gave me very sincere compliments and thanks and said they really liked my talk but what surprised me the most is that hna garnder says i spoke for over 15 minutes, some said 20, others 45. so i am not sure how long i really spoke but i thought that was kind of funny. the talk i used was from a conference a couple of years ago, in english i think it is called joseph smith prophet of the restoration.

I hope you all have a great week, les quiero muchoª

all my love, jessica













No comments:

Post a Comment