Monday, October 11, 2010

Emailing from the mission home...

Hi! How's everything going? We have had a pretty good week and today we got our oven! We are excited but it was a bit of a pain because last night they called us to tell us that we would have to stay inside today and wait for it to be delivered to us. It didn't come until 3:30. So most of our pday we were stuck inside which was no good because we actually had a lot of things to do today. Hermana Gardner needed to come to the mission home today to show Hermana Heaton the health powerpoint presentation and we also needed to do our laundry, so we brought that with us to wash while we were here. It's almost seven now though and our pday ends at six so waiting for the ovens kind of threw everything off. This week was good because we felt like we were not only working hard but our numbers reflected that hard work. for the most part. We found some news, although none of them have been there when we go back, and we were getting more lessons from our knocking and we were getting all of our contacting done. The biggest frustration this week was that none of our investigators could meet with us. They all cancelled their appointments and would not answer their phones and weren't home when we went by. So that got really annoying because everything that we plan falls around our appointments with them and when they cancel it just kind of messes us up.

We went to the offices again this week to work on that health presentation. When we got there we put down our stuff and went into one of the other rooms where one of the elders has his desk to grab an extra chair and there was this picture of a girl on his desk and Hermana Gardner asked "hey who is that?" but she didn't it in this really intense way that got a funny look from the elder and then she's like, "i think i know her, what's her name?" and she didn't know the girl in the end but then we go back out where the other elders have their desks and another one of them has a picture of some girl and Hermana Gardner said, geez, did you all get pictures of your girlfriends this week, then we look around and sure enough the other two elders had pictures of girls by their computers too. Turns out they forgot we were coming so they didn't get a chance to hide them this time! It was so funny, Hermana Gardner and I cracked up about it. When we go back this week we are going to take some pictures of our own to set up while we work.

So before forget, next week is changes because President has to go to Argentina, so I won't be emailing next monday, I'm not sure what day it will be. Also, Amy I was wondering if it's not a bother, could you maybe start sending my the text of your blogs to the mission email on a weekly basis? And Renita I'm sorry I haven't been sending my emails to your address, I wasn't sure of what it was and I just figured you would get forwards, but I have you in my address list now. And thanks again to both of you and grandma for the wonderful package, we are going to put those mixes to good use now that we have an oven! And I'm going to throw in a package suggestion for maybe christmas or something, I would really like a straight edge cutter. If you could maybe find a cheap light weight one that would be really nice. I make a lot of notes by cutting out from colored paper to give to members, investigators and other missionaries. And you. And sometimes I just really wish I had a straight edge cutter. But nothing urgent, just an idea.

Oh I also wanted to tell you that last week I got a letter from the priests and from Sister workman. It was really nice of them and I wrote them back today and will send it off tomorrow. And I am hearing rumors that Hermana salisbury is getting close to engagement. Hermana Gardner and I have not heard really anything from her and we are gettin a little upset so if you talk to her tell her to write us. And did she ever give you the package i sent?

Okay my time is short and I didn't get pictures sent. Sorry, but tomorrow I am sending a suprise in the mail that I hope you enjoy. I love you so much!!!!!!!! Keep writing, I need to hear from you! Love Jessica

ps amy will you please send to the mission email a copy of president monson's talk in the women's conference and a copy of the talk by elder holland cast not away therefore thy confidence? you might need to shrink the font, if it is too long i may not get it. thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment