Monday, October 4, 2010

Package, General Conference, and Ciudad Vieja

Hey there! I really loved my emails this week, sounds like good stuff going on at the home front.

Well we had a pretty busy week, not so much for missionary work but on thursday we went to the mission office because hermana gardner who is a nurse was asked to put together a health presentation for the next zone conference so we went to work on that and while we were there I got a suprise package from Judy!! Wow that was an amazing package, thank you so much! THe candy is delicious, the stickers are awesome, and I loved the hot dog singing card, typical. And we should be getting our ovens in a couple weeks so I will be able to make the cake and sugar cookies! It was kind of weird to see the fall stuff that you sent though, its spring right now to me, but candy corn tastes just as good!

General Conference was so enjoyable for me. It was partly just nice to be able to sit and listen to someone else talk about the gospel in a much better way and also of course the talks were really good too. Mervyn Arnold that told about his wife and the cow that broke through the fence and ate week was the man that spoke to us last change and told us that same story. Hermana Garnder and I had fun taking our matching study journals which we have decorated so they are obviously hermanas notebooks and I really enjoyed taking notes from the talks, we didn{t watch the r.s. session because they are rebroadcasting it next saturday for a r.s. activity in our ward and we are going to watch it then. I really liked Elder Christoffersen and President Uchtdorf{s talk, wasn{t he so funny?

Today for Pday we got up and cleaned and studied then we took a nap then we went and ate lunch at the church with the elders, and then we went to a place called Ciudad Vieja. It was so cool. THere are just lots of vendors selling really cool things and lots of large buildings with really cool architecture and just an old charm to them. Oh english translation-Old City. While we were there we also went to the tomb of Jose ARtigas and saw the changing of the guard and we got our shoes shined by a guy in the plaza. He told me he didn{t have any grey polish, he was joking because my poor shoes were in such desperate need of polishing. It was fun and kind of a random thing, but worth in because 30 pesos later, or a dollar and half later and my shoes look like brand new.

Well I{m sorry that my letters took so long to get to you. I always send them early but I think sometimes the office elders don{t always get the bolsas out like they should and sometimes misplace things and then they resurface later. Today I didn{t and probably won{t have time to make some halloween cards to send out, let alone write letters, so sorry about that, I will try to get some letters off next week. I love you all so much, thanks for your letters, packages, emails, love and support.

All my love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment