Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another P-day Email

Hey everyone! I hope I didn´t sound super desperate or angry in that other email, but thank you all for your emailing me! I thought you could just send them to the mission email and I would read them tomorrow, but you are quick!

Well it has been...not the best week. We had our conference in Mercedes and I actually didn´t really like it very much. For starters the traveling part always takes a toll on being able to sleep. We left at 12:30 in the morning and rode a bus for some 2 and a half hours to paysandu where we got off and went to a church where we and the other 2 hermanas slept on the floor in the guarderia for a couple of hours until we had to walk back to the bus terminal and ride for another four hours to mercedes and start the conference. The new area president Elder Arnold spoke to us along with his wife and the heatons. We kind of expected him to ``bajar la caña`` or drop the cane a little on us, which he kind of did, but not as much as I expected. But to be honest I didn´t really like him very much. Which I know is really bad of me. Maybe it was partly because I was tired but I didn´t really like his personality and he did talk a lot about how we need to do things and be really strictly obedient and what things we need to be doing in our lessons and planning and everything. I left the conference feeling really depressed because I felt like I am the worst missionary ever and don´t do anything right but I still feel confused about how to do things better and I don´t think I will ever be a very good missionary. But I think that is how the conferences with area presidents usually are. I just didn´t really feel the spirit though and we didn´t get to talk to the heatons really because they all left right after the closing prayer and...yeah I just didn´t love the experience. Although I have also realized lately that I have some pretty serious pride issues so that was probably playing into things. After the conference we went and worked in Mercedes for a few hours and knocked some doors by the river. It was weird because it was a really high end area with big nice houses. We didn´t have much luck.

Hermana Halladay and I are getting along well, she is really nice. But I still don´t think that we work very effectively. We pretty much started out the change with no real investigators and we needed to find news, we are still in that same situation. Our numbers have been horrible as far as lessons a week go and we aren´t really working with the members. It is hard because we both want to work hard and I think we do, just not in an effective way. I´ve been missing you all a lot this week and it´s just not been the best week, but i think you have those sometimes. I´ve been really tired too though after the conference. I´m just glad that there are only a couple weeks left in the change. I would kind of like to go to a new area, I think it would help me to refocus a little bit and get out of my comfort zone some more to shock me back into life....maybe, or it could just make things worth. But the elder arnold said at the conference that he wants us to start staying in each area for at least eight months so I am not really sure what will happen. the work is really slow here though right now, I hope it will pick up, I need to distract myself because I am really unfocused this week.

I am out of time, but mom I didn´t get the premarin yet but it might come tomorrow. Amy I think the mission address is 1167 enrique martinez montevideo uruguay c.p. 11.800.

Talk to you next week,

All my love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment