Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm a city girl!

Hey there! Mom you met Hermana Salisbury!!!!! She better send me some more details about the guy who came with her. Me and Hermana Garnder are really feeling in the dark.

So my first week has gone really well. I like Hermana Garnder SO MUCH! We are having a lot of fun, we get along, we have a lot in common as far as our personalities go, and she is a super hard-working, dedicated missionary. If anything I feel like I have a hard time keeping up with her but I am definitely going to learn a lot this change. Being in the city has been good, I was really nervous because I had heard that the people here are a lot harder to work with and just not as receptive or nice, and it´s true, contacting is harder and it´s hard to keep your numbers up and I am really having to adjust to practically running along side people shouting about the gospel over the noise of the cars while they try to get away from me, but it´s coming for me. And I really do prefer city to campo (country). Life is just more exciting and busy. Time just seems faster altogether for some reason and I like it. But I will have to be patient with missionary work here because it seems to be a little more fruitless for lack of a better way to say it.

Hermana Gardner and her companion before had found an awesome 16 year old kid last change who got baptized yesterday. He is really cool and asked if he could take a minute at the end to stand and thank everyone for their support and helping him. It was so sweet. Also, President and Hermana Heaton showed up in our ward yesterday and drove us to our lunch appointment. I love them so much! We also have a senior couple in our ward-the Heaths from Idaho Falls. They are great and I am SO excited to have them in our ward and that we will get to work with them. I think we are going to have dinner with them this week too-homeade american food yeah baby!

AMy I love the pictures of your house, it looks so nice and the decorations are absolutely darling. Houses here, or apartments rather, are alot nice that in other parts of uruguay so that has been pretty interesting. Our church building is pretty normal and nice and we have a nice apartment too. We are really close to the beach but it isn´t the most beautiful beach but still pretty. We actually ate lunch on the beach our first day together. I will try to write some good letters today and get them off with some more detail, I´m pretty much out of time. I love you all so so so so much! I miss you and am glad that time in Montevideo seems a little faster so that I will be home a little sooner than I think! Until next week,

All my love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment