Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's PDAY!!

Hey everyone! I love you and I miss you!!

Well this week was a little odd because all of the zl´s and dl´s had a 3 day conference in t-bo so our district meeting was moved to friday and the mission wants us to start doing our big planning day on sunday after church instead of on fridays so things feel a little out of sync. And this week will be a little off too because we have SECTOR CONFERENCE on wednesday!!! I´m so excited. We are going to Mercedes this time and we will be seeing the hermanas from paysandu (hna crofts!!) and from fraybentos, (hna flores from artigas!) So It should be pretty fun and the area president is going to be speaking to us.

Brahian Marichal was baptized on Friday night and it was a really nice baptism. His dad baptized him and it was really special for both of them. It is so awesome to see Javier, who didn´t know the church two months ago, baptize his son and then get up and bear his testimony and get so emotional about his love for the gospel. The big lug. We sometimes call him pica piedra-fred flinstone. Yesterday in church Miriam was moved from rs secretary to second counselor and hna de mattos was made the new president-i know hna sol i was confused too. hna de mattos will be good though and blanca was put into primary. Miriam also gave a talk in church yesterday on repentance and she did a good job. Working has been kind of slow. We are trying to find news still so not that much has changed. It has been a really humbling change because I think I am really a lot more aware of my weaknesses in teaching and actually doing missionary work. It just hits me sometimes how much I need to improve.

Today for pday we went bowling with hna vogel and hna humphries. It was...fun. Bowling is pretty lame though when you cant dance and sing along to the music though in between your turns. Judy I took the mickey mouse picture just for you, as well as the picture of daniella with her hlj ring. thanks a ton!

I tried to print all of your letters earlier but the printer in the cyber didn´t end up working so I will try to respond to them later. I skimmed some of them and jennie your trip sounds so FUN!! And the pictures were darling. I do remember when we when to jackson hole and i tried to eat all of the ice cream and then later we stopped and got ice cream cones. I don´t think I ever lost the weight i gained that trip! Good times and great memories.

Mom I am making good use of the craft supplies you sent me. For every conference I try to make something for each of the hermanas. One time I gave them a "blessing" by wrapping a twix and crystal light in a little paper. another time i taped a gold wrapper candy to a paper saying you are a missionary of gold. this time it is, a pen with a paper tied to it that says, "una lapicera para una misionera" it ryhmes in spanish but means a pen for a missionary.

How has your birthday been mom? Did you get my card yet? What have you done to celebrate? How was school? I'm really really excited for you to meet hna salisbury. maybe you can have her over for or take her out to dinner. I think she would love to drive the corvette wink wink!

I hope you all have a great week, enjoy the pics! I Love you so much!!!

Mom you said you like to think about me safe under the covers before you go to bed at night so I sent you a picture to help you imagine! Also there is one with a cool crown i made for jeans birthday. enjoy, all my love

No comments:

Post a Comment