Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This country girl is going to the city


Hi Mom and everyone! Before I forget Judy, yes I can get all of those things. Explanation?

Well as I already told you I am going to Montevideo with Hermana Gardner, the one I took the camera for remember? Hermana Salisbury was her trainer and the area I will be in is where Hermana Salisbury started her own mission. In ways I am really nervous because I hear a lot that Montevideo is one of the harder areas of the mission. I actually went to pocitos, the area, when I went to the hermanas conference with hna moreno my first change but we just went and visited with one of her old converts for two hours until our bus left, but it will definitely be different than what I am used to working in. It´s city. the people are always on the go and you are in more apartment type places as far as I can tell. But there are also things I´m looking forward to. For one thing, next monday for pday I bet we will be able to go to the temple! Yay! And I think Hermana Gardner and I will get along really well and work well together. I´ll also probably get to see the president and hermana on occasion. So there will be good things and bad things as always. I will be glad to have a change though just to give me some new stuff to see and think about. I really do love hermana halladay though and I´m glad that I got to be her comp, but I still don´t think we made the most effective companionship. Her new companion will be hermana smith. I was hoping that I would be in a zone with hna smith but still no luck. I really have missed her and I am in need of a haircut. But I talked to her today and apparently the mission pres. wife and temple pres wife have her come to deo to cut their hair sometimes and she will probably be going this next change so I will get to see her and she will cut my hair too. Woo hoo!

Well, in short, this week was long. I was really dragging last night and Heavenly Father definitely worked things out so that a change would come just in time for me. AT the beginning of the change I felt really strong about dealing with the halt of the work and all, but it has really worn me down. Although we have had some progression. At a member lunch we met hermana chivel´s 18 yr old grandaughter who wanted to her the discussions. We have been teaching her and have been able to answer a lot of questions she has had. She has a baptism date for the 24th and came to church on sunday as well as a couple who is progressing extremely slowly but surely nevertheless. So I am glad hna halladay and hna smith will have a little something to work with. Today I mostly got packed and we went to the zoo and a museum and ate ice cream in the plaza. Tonight i have to go say goodbyes.

BIG NEWS: THe mission is getting ovens!!! for all of the houses! It will probably take a month or two but yes you heard right we are getting ovens. Hoo-rah! I am very excited about that. Let´s see I forgot to bring my list of things I was going to write about so I can´t really remember anthything else at the moment, but...only IF you have a package that you are going to be sending, please include some of those footies that you wear so that you can´t see them because we don´t have to wear tights in the summer now when it get´s super hot but i don´t have footies and they are hard to get. Although maybe hold off, I might be able to find them in deo, I´ll let you know next week.

I haven´t heard from hna salisbury yet about your meeting but she had sent me a couple of other emails before that. I´m sure she is busy trying to keep up with all the boys that are wanting to take her out. : ) I hope that you will be able to hook up again soon though. ANd i´m glad that you are getting my letters! Did jennie get hers too? I sent to all of you, I don´t think I will have time to write today though. Mom did you and judy ever get your bday cards?

I leave to go to montevideo tonight at 12:30. I will be on the bus all night entonces. We are going to go to the other hnas´ house before so they can come with us and hna halladay will stay the night with them. It will be really tiring to travel all night but I am excited to be going somewhere, it is just nice for some reason although I may eat my words after a week of trying to work the streets of the city.

Well I am about out of time. I love you all so much! I´m excited about this change because we will have general conference, interviews, and temple on mondays, so it should go really fast and when it´s over i will just have a month and a half left until my christmas phone call! I will email next week and let you know about my first week in deo. Oh! and on thursday i get emails at district so respond to this to the mission email before wednesday night and then make sure you write new emails to me before monday so I don´t get the same ones : ) I love you!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment