Monday, September 6, 2010

I ate a hot dog for lunch

Hola, how is everyone doing? We have a had a rainy cold week but yesterday and today have been beautiful and warm. I am so glad to hear that you met susie! I can just imagine the two of you cruising around in the corvette. How fun. Did she show you pictures from her camera or any videos? try and send me the pictures that you took in your email next week! Did she remember to give you my little package? It had some little flower clip ons for amy and jennie, wondered how they liked them. did she drive the corvette? haha

Before I forget, yes mom next week is change week so we will be emailing on tuesday. I am really not sure what will happen for changes. I thought that I would probably be going but at our conference they said they are going to start trying to leave us in each area for about 8 months, which sounds like a lot to me. For us hermanas that would pretty much mean only serving in two areas so I wonder if they will be a little more loose with the hermanas. We´ll see though. Whatever happens I am hoping to be in a zone with hermana crofts or hermana smith. I am hoping to see hna smith soon because I need a haircut! Well and because she is just awesome.

Hey mom, did you ever get your knee looked at? has it still been bothering you or is it doing better? how has it been doing for your exercise classes and everything? What are you doing today for labor day, anything special?

Yesterday we finally had some investigators in church. the llovet family and coca. The llovet family were a reverence, they are really poor and the mom has been having really serious health problems and the dad has been having to do everything as far as working and cooking, washing clothes and taking care of the kids. the boys didn´t come, they are super shy, but i think the parents had a good experience. I hope that they will start progressing faster and be a little more proactive.

Last week we did a noche de hogar with the familia de lima and we made my box cake and talked about obedience and how you have to follow the directions on the box. the cake turned out really yummy and i made chocolate frosting for it, people here don´t really have the custom of putting frosting on cake but I think that they liked it. I got your package on tuesday with my premarin in it, so that got here really quickly. Thank you for sending it and for the treats! I am making good use of the stationary. I was really missing home this week, tuesday and wednesday were especially hard for some reason. I have really appreciated hna halladay though, she is very patient and understanding and good to talk to. I just keep trying to tell myself that I am only days away from my six month mark. It still just seems like a really long time and I miss you all a lot.

I´m glad you had such a good week, sounds like you are preferred first grade teacher as always. Did you happen to get my letter yet that talks about my recent thoughts for a career path? I want to know what you think when you read it. And did you ever get my birthday card? I am sending one for grandpa tomorrow so I hope that it will get to him before his birthday is long passed.

I guess I don´t really have anything more to say. Just that I love you so much and I really miss you. The next time I email I will be more than 6 months along and maybe headed to a new area. I´ll be letting you know!

I love you to the moon and back! Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment