Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And the new companion is...

Hermana Halladay. I have met her once or twice and she seems very quiet but very nice and sweet, I believe she is from New York. And I am staying in Salto. I was actually kind of hoping to go somewhere else but it´s fine. I am not ready for a comp change though. I cried for probably an hour last night before I went to bed. I didn´t know serving a mission was going to be such an emotional rollercoaster.

Jennie! I got your package last week! THANKYOU!!!!! Oh my goodness, Emma does not look like the same baby that I said goodbye too. I love the family picture of the three of you. It turned out so so good. Thank you for the nutter butters, mnms, starbursts, and holy peach-raspberry crystal light! You are awesome, love you!

Last week was actually a really eventful letter week. I got a wedding announcement from colson, whoo whoo! A letter from Judy with a really good article, an amazing letter from becca lane who is serving in st. petersburg russia. her letter actually had a huge impact on me. It sounds like she is in a really hard mission and that there are probably so many things to deal with but she sounds really positive and like she is staying strong. It was really impressive to read and helped me a lot. She says when they do their contacting people ignore them, yell at them glare at them, laugh at them. We literally have had people contact us. I don´t have anything to complain about. I also got an awesome letter from lanae who met uncle ezra in nauvoo. Can you try and get her address for me so i can write her? Hers was really newsy too. Katie watkins from mexico study abroad got her mission call to the phillipines! what? yeah the phillipines, go katie girl! Also mary got hers to detroit...and i think there was another but I don´t remember right now. And did I ever tell you that a while ago i got an announcement for sarah hermann´s wedding?

So that´s a lot of the recent news that I have to tell you. Oh! Hello, and the awesome baptism on Friday. It was so good and after they had all changed and there was time for testimonies they were the first to get up and share their experiences with how the gospel has already changed their lives. afterwards we had a party in the cultural hall to celebrate blanca and ricardo´s marriage, they got married so that they could get baptized. Miriam and Javier, who were baptized a few weeks ago made pizza and cake for it, they are soooo cool.

Well this week has been a little tough just because I don´t want a new companion and I can´t help but feel that Hermana Salisbury is going home and I am getting left behind. I still have so much longer to go and i feel a little jealous that this is her last day. And I am worried about this next change because like you said amy, after being with a good comp for two changes it will be weird to adjust to a new one. I guess I will be emailing on Monday and letting you know how it goes.

I love you all, mom and dad the pictures are of your trip are awesome, looks like you had fun.

All my love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment