Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Starting of the change

Hey there! I have so many things to tell you today I really don´t where to begin...as usual. Well first of all I got to packages last week at district and they were the BIGGEST packages I´ve gotten! Thanks mom and Judy it was AMAZING!!! I loved all of the treats and soup/pasta mixes and the stickers, paper, markers, pictures and all. I must have some really amazing luck because I seem to always get my packages, they come fast, and they are never opened or stolen from.

In other news, I cried like a little girl when Hna Salisbury left. For two days. It has been really weird being here without her and having a new person living in the house and walking the streets that I came to know with Hna Salisbury. Hermana Halladay is...interesting...to say the least. Let´s be honest, she and I are really different and she is kind of...weird for lack of a better word. She kind of gets on my nerves but I´m sure we will still get along. What I am worried about more than anything is that she doesn´t seem to be a very hard worker. Of course it is probably hard to tell since she has been sick, but our first day she would walk so slowly everywhere we would go and then her contacts were pretty bare-bones ´´heres an invitation and chau´´ kind of a thing, hna sol you would be proud of me though, I wouldn´t let them walk away without pulling out a folleto and really talking to them. After a while of that hna Halladay said something along the lines of, ´´not all of the contacts have to be super-salisbury contacts´´. I took it as a compliment.

Then on Saturday she started complaining about not feeling well and so she had to walk slower. It would take us a half hour to walk somewhere that should have only taken 10 minutes. It was really ridiculous. Then on Sunday when we woke up she said she couldn´t go to church. She said her stomach was hurting and she had a fever. I let the bishop know that we wouldn´t be there because she was sick so then he and his wife came to check on her later and as most people here do, they made a fuss about her temperature being high and needing to go to the doctor. It was really nice of them to come over though. So she was in bed all Sunday and yesterday and then today we left to go to district. She says she is feels fine until she starts walking. I´m sure she does feel sick but I think she is kind of being a little bit over-dramatic and she should still be able to work. We will see how the rest of the week goes but I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of divisions.

It has definitley not been easy and I had way too much time to think about home the last couple of days, but as Hna Sol said I would, I have really felt a new strength and support that I did not feel as much before. I was able to lean on her a lot and let her do most of the work, but now even though I am compañera menor I think I will be carrying a lot of the load this change. I almost wish I was senior comp though because I feel like hna halladay´s spanish and method of teaching are a little bit lacking. People react to her differently because she is kind of socially akward and doesn´t really know how to approach people and when she does they just seem to get annoyed be the way she talks to them and stuff. I´m being really judgemental and critical though and I really have no room to talk.

I am worried about the work though and our members. I could almost feel things come to a halt when Salisbury left and halladay came in. Susie, digo Hermana Salisbury, I know you will be reading this off my blog so here is something for your benefit:

Elisabeth did not come to church yesterday. I tried to call her but couldnt get a hold of her. Lourdes tampoco. We passed by her house several times fri and sat but never could find her. We went by alexi and valeria too and the moto was there and we heard music but no one would come to the door. Buuut, Brahian is actually pretty excited about the thirteenth although we still have a lot to teach him. I will be sure to send you pics. Everyone misses you a lot and when I got to Silvias house to take her your scarf we just hugged and I cried and cried. Thanks again for being an amazing comp and for teaching me how missionary work should get done! And thank you for telling me about the Vietnamese lady that had the misfortune of waxing your legs. Amy make sure that gets posted online!!!

Oh!! And congrats Amy and Pablo on the house!!!!!!!! So exciting. And no we aren´t really running anymore. I did get hna halladay to go out on sat morning but we ran for maybe 5 minutes before she had to stop. I have been doing exercises and yoga in the morning though. I do think I lost wait the last couple of changes.

Judy I hope you had a happy birthday, I did send you a card but it probably won´t get there for at least another week.

Well I am about out of time and I am going to attach some pics. I love you all so so very much!!

Love Jessica

Ps Hna Salisbury is going to come visit you, Y hermana cualquier dia esta bien pero por las dudas, si vaya el veinte tres es el cumpleaños de mi mama entonces seria un buen regalo para ella, pero haga lo que le queda bien. Te quiero hermana!! Saludos de Javier y miriam y todos!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment