Sunday, January 31, 2010

Treat Day

When we made our trip to visit Amy and Paul in Campbell, I found a recipe book in their apartment that my mother gave to my sister a while ago. Before she gave her this cookbook, however, I had discovered a wonderful recipe for brownies contained in its pages, so when I found the book and mentioned its great brownie recipe we decided that brownies would be a good Sunday evening treat. Amy and I whipped up the batter, stuck them in the oven, and we all devoured them. My father said they were the best brownies he had ever had and asked me if I would make them for him to take to a weekly work meeting that he held every Monday morning. Because I am such a delightful daughter I lovingly obliged and sent him to work with two paper plates full of goodies. Ever since my dad comes to me on each Saturday or Sunday and asks something along the lines of "what are you gonna make for me to take to work on Monday?" It's pretty funny. So just like a mother taking her turn for kindergarten snack time, I've been playing housewife and providing refreshments for the railroaders.

3 comments:

  1. I made those brownies today too! Except they didn't turn out so good because right after I put them in the oven is when the fat hit the pan with my work project and I overcooked them. Not bad, but still they weren't as good as the last ones that you made while you were here. Oh well. What were the cookies you made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Dad cracks me up. Would you send me the recipe for those brownies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I will bring it down when I come on Wednesday. And Amy, I think you mean "when the crap hit the fan". HA!

    ReplyDelete