Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sell-es-TOON

On Saturday our group went on another excursion. We met at 9:00 and drove to a beach in Celestun where we took a boat ride to see the Flamencos (flamingos) in their flocks on the river. After that, we took our boat through some smaller connecting rivers that were enveloped in "el bosque", the forest. I like to use the Spanish word bosque better than forest because the forests here aren't like the forests I usually think of in the Western United States, so bosque to me sounds like a whole new word with a new meaning. So now there are forests, woods, jungles and bosques. After swimming for a little while, we rode back along the shoreline to the beach we had originally started at. The water of the usually calm Gulf of Mexico was a little rough going back which made our ride quite uncomfortable and full of violent turbulence as our boat would continually crash down on every other wave. All in all it was a great day and my butt recovered.







1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the flamingos! That is so awesome. Makes me wish we had gone there. And thanks for the story - I am suffocating with bar prep and the slightest distraction or sign of life on the outside is such an escape. Although really this has been the first time all summer that it has been really bad.

    ReplyDelete