Monday, June 7, 2010

Choripan

Mom, I hope there is a good excuse for the absence of your email from my inbox today. I will assume that there is and not be mad. I received your package last week with my medication! Yay! I also got the brown sugar and more crystal light and breathsavers and holy NUTTERBUTTERS! Those were amazing! Thank you so much! I really mean it when I say I have the BEST family. It is totally true and probably why I am homesick.

For breakfast in the morning I make oatmeal a lot with cinnamon sugar and then I mash up banana in it so it is banana oatmeal, so I think Emma and I are alike because Jennie told me she likes that flavor of baby food. But now I put brown sugar on my oatmeal and it is even better. Speaking of food. The other night Hna Salisbury and I were on our way home and on the side of the street there was a guy with a grill thing that had a fire in it and chorizo roasting on top. CHORIPAN! Chorizo is like sausage and the guy made it so good. He had real buns and put them on the fire to toast then cut the chorizo in half and put it on the bun with lettuce and tomato and some good sauces-unheard of here! And it was only 25 pesos each! That is like a dollar and ten cents and it was delicious. He does it every fri and sat night, so we went back the next night and it was just as good. So now we are doing weekends with Mario for choripan.

Another good treat we had this week was monday night we got a bag of chocolate milk and had frozen some bananas and we got some chocolate cookies and hna salisbury threw them in the blender and made a really delicious banana chocolate smoothie. So so so good. And today we broke our fast which we started late, by having an actual, real, deli sandwich that we bought at a grocery store in the centro. Haven`t had a real deli sandwich since i left, and you know how i eat a lot of those. It was great.

Well now that I have told you everything i ate this week, yesterday we had four investigators at church, finally! So that was pretty good since we haven´t had any this whole change. And we have some people with baptismal dates too. This week we did divisions which I was really nervous about and not looking forward to and can´t say that I loved. I went with an older lady from the ward but the first places we went no one was home and then the third we found, she was an older lady also that the last hnas worked with. I got really lucky because the two of them chatted it up and I didn´t really have to do anything. My partner even talked to her about church stuff and then at the end I pulled out a pamphlet and talked about baptism and gave her a baptism date for the end of the month. By the time we finally got out of there, divisions were over. Hallelujiah!

Yesterday at testimony meeting, this one lady got up towards the end and pretty much shouted the whole time. WE HAVE TO BE OBEDIENT!! It was hilarious and I am ashamed to say I could not really contain my laughter. I just looked at my lap the whole time and pretended I was coughing. I was so embarrassed but it was so funny and I only lost control because I looked up at the stand and made eye contact with the bishops daughter who was also trying not to laugh and we both broke into a big grin and that´s when I just looked down for the rest of the time.

Do you really tomorrow is Emmas six month birthday!! Ahh, I can´t believe it. Give her a kiss for me and tell her happy birthday.

So I have another request. Could you please send me some of my pictures from mexico and some from our san fran trip? I am out of time and will explain why in a letter.

I love you all so much! Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment