Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Week

Hello hello, thanks for your email mom! Also last week I just printed it the other off at the cyber to read and I´m glad I did because for some reason it didn´t come through from the mission one, so just always make sure that you put my name in the subject line. Same with Amy´s it didn´t come through, so I am going to print it today.

Thanks amy and jennie for getting the pictures sent. I don´t think I really told you why, but I just have seen other missionaries pull out there pictures as time fillers with investigators sometimes and the people always really like it and it helps them get to know you better and see more where you are from. So anything that you think would be good for that will work, but I do think that Mexico and San Francisco pics would be interesting to people so I would like some of those for sure. And mom that cake pan idea is SO GOOD! I am really excited about that. In my letter last week I did put a few ideas of things that you might stick in packages in the future, but nothing big or very important and just to give you an idea of what things I could use for your information. OH! but one thing that i do need to ask you about is contact solution. Here a bottle of contact solution is like $35. So I don´t know if you would be able send me some, if you even can send liquids or what. Maybe you could check into that though, or maybe I will just have to start wearing glasses a lot more. I do still have about a bottle and a half, but I don´t know what I will do after that runs out which won´t be for a while, but I just thought I would give you the heads up.

Things here are going well as far as missionary work goes. I think we will be having some baptisms on the 25th for a couple named Miriam and Javier. They have several children and have come to church twice and are really strong investigators and keep saying that they are getting ready for the 25th, so they seem pretty excited about it. Javier is a really big guy and we call him pica-piedra, or flinstone because he looks like fred flinstone. He is really funny too and for while we weren´t sure if he was even taking us seriously because he always making jokes, but the gospel is really changing him, it is amazing. I really respect him to, his first wife died and left him with two kids and I think he went through a really hard time and really had to open himself up to receive our message. He said he had talked to other missionaries but didnt want to really get into it but with time decided if he had another chance he would really start to listen. Then we came along! As the saying goes, the Lord really does prepare people.

This week we had interviews with the President. It went good and I think they are sad to be leaving but also ready. We half a sector conference this wednesday in Paysandu and that will probably be the last time we see him. I´m really excited for the conference because i will get to see Hermana Crofts AND Hermana Smith. And her birthday is the 19th so I´m going to make her a card and stuff.

How is Sally doing? I haven´t heard much about her lately. It is really weird here because I don´t really like dogs in Uruguay. They always bark at us and run at us like they are going to attack us, I told you how one bit me once. And everytime we knock on houses they just go nuts and bark like crazy. What´s weird though is that people ask us sometimes if we like dogs and you know what my normal response is to that, but here I don´t really like them.

This last week I have been studying in the Pearl of Great Price. It is so awesome. I feel like I have learned so much already just from the hour of study time we get every morning. I read the scriptures before but I really feel like I am rediscovering them now. Personal study is one of my favorite things that we do as missionaries. One thing I thought was really cool was in Moses it talks about how Adam was baptized. Maybe I´m ignorant but I didn´t even know that the scriptures gave an account of his baptism. Amazing. Also Hna Salisbury and I have been reading the Liahona together. Did you read the talk by Elder Bednar about second life and stuff? I remember hearing it when he gave it. Its really interesting.

The world cup started this week so people here are glued to their television sets whenever Uruguay plays. Also we hear the World Cup theme song all the time. Have you heard it? Oh oh whoa oh oh, when I get older I will be stronger, oh oh whoah oh oh! It is getting pretty old.

I didn´t tell you this last week but when I opened my email I was shocked to find an email from Elier! Do you remember who that is? That kid I told you about from Mexico? He is on his mission in some other part of Mexico and I have no idea how he got my email address or anything. It was a pretty normal email though just saying hi, but i didn´t write him back. I thought it was pretty funny though that he emailed me. I´ll copy and paste it and you can have Paul translate it.

que tal hermana casebolt como esta?? espero y me recuerde soy Elier Gamboa el amigo que siempre estaba con Helaman cuando tuviste tu visita en Merida bueno espero y si te acuerdes, que tal como le va en la mision hermana ami la verdad muy bien lo estoy disfrutando grandemente y sabe me siento feliz de servirle al señor, yo estoy en la mision mexico oeste bueno dentro un mes va a ser la noroeste por que se divide mi mision pero aqui estamos, mi area actual es una que esta cerca del benemerito de las americas, es una escuela muy grande en mexico de la iglesia, ya tengo 5 meses aqui jaja se pasa el tiempo muy rapido no lo cree?? bueno hermana cuidese mucho y espero que podamos estar en contacto va?? nos vemos y exito

I´m glad that you were able to find Hna Salisbury´s blog and that her family found mine. Salisbury family, if you are reading this, your daughter/sister is sooooo wonderful! She is a great missionary and a great person and I´m so lucky to be with her! You have a lot to be proud of.

Well time is up so I´m gonna end now, but I love you all so much! Say hi to the ward for me and everyone and Thomas. Also, can you send me Sharon´s address? Thanks. Ok well i will talk to you on monday.

LOVE, Jessica

1 comment: