Monday, April 26, 2010

Clarification

Okay dad, this is for you. Yes I am getting your emails, the ones you send to jessica.casebolt@myldsmail.net are the ones I check and see on monday, so keep sending them to that one, but also you can send others to urugoest@gmail.com and they receive it in the mission office, print it off and distribute them to the districts on tuesdays as if they were letters. But for that one make sure that you put my name in the subject line. Does that clear things up? Let me know if you still don´t get it. And just so you know, last week on tuesday I received the printed emails from mom and dad through the mission office. so if anyone else sent an email to the mission office (uruguost) then you probably did not put my name in the subject line or did not send it soon enough.

I have a couple questions about seth for renita and judy, first, can you send me his email address that he gave you as well as his address? And did he talk about when he went to south america and where he went, and did he learn any spanish? did he say anything about me being on a mission? and what did grandma think about how things went since she was the one that kept wanting to go in the first place?

I mentioned that we are having the hermana´s conference this week, I guess that they also always have all the hermanas share a talent so Hermana Moreno and I are going to sing I know that my Redeemer lives in portuguese. We found a portuguese hymn book in our house and our land lady, Idalina, is from Brasil and helped us learn the pronuciation. I´m actually pretty excited about it and although I haven´t been learning a ton of portuguese i´m hoping that I´ll keep picking up a little here and there, it´s really cool when we hear it, the accent is really interesting.

Today we had lunch with carmen, she made us rice and beans with a little bit of sweet potatoes cooked in with it. It was yummy and the other hermanas came too and hna mcewen who is from hazelton idaho and went to isu was talking to me and we know some of the same people like tara rigby for example, she has some of the same sentiments about the rigbys that i do. the other people i don´t think you would know. it was fun though to chat.

This week the ward had an open house everynight from tues to sat each night with a theme-priesthood, relief soc, youth, primary and missionary work on sat. We all participated by singing a couple different songs and the other hnas and i shared a short thought. after I finished mine that ward mission leader told me to stay up there and then he came and told everyone that i had not even been here for 30 days and just complimented me for how í´m doing. it was nice. we also brought food from our backgrounds. I made french toast and syrup because it was easy, cheap and I knew i could get all the ingredients. for the syrup i just used vanilla instead of mapeline. I think everyone liked it and there was one lady that just stood by the table and would take one peice after anoter and dip it right into the syrup, so i think she really liked it!

we have had a couple more lessons with adriana. we taught tithing and it went great. her mom comes to stay with her a lot and doesn´t like that we are teaching her so we can´t go over there when her mom is there but she told us that the other day her mom came over and was complaining about her legs hurting her and was about to take some medicine, but adrianas littler girl said no grandma, just close your eyes and repeat after me, dear heavenly father...how sweet is that? she said her mom couldn´t refuse little vanessas plea.

Amy to answer some of your questions, hna moreno is from cordoba argentina but her father is from spain and her mom from lebanon. she is the only member in her family and she was studying law before she came on her mission. after her first change on her mission she went home because she was having health problems, she has chronic anemia, and then after eight months she came back, which apparently know one thought she would be allowed to. but she now has until august left in her mission. this is incredibly judgemental and rude of me but I personally think she is a hypochondriac. in these first four weeks she has complained about her ankle, having a cold, the flu, respiratory problems, a bad period, ´´sand in her urine´´, and some other things. not saying that any of that is untrue, but she talks about it to me and to everyone we meet and seems to like everyone to know that she has health problems and can´t have children. Just tellin´ it like it is.

Lunches have been better, we have had some more appointments, we have had a lot of rice and beans and a few pasta dishes. people here are poor so they usually use food that is cheap and filling and then add in a little bit of meat or some potato or something. sometimes i wonder if they only do that for us, i think sometimes they really sacrifice to give us lunch.

At first I was not so sure about what we would do for food though because hna moreno hasn´t really seemed to have figured out how to do that whole thing. but I am starting to figure some things out, like how to get lunch meat and that you can get a lot of things at almacenes, the little stores that are in peoples houses, like eggs milk and other stuff. so i have been making a lot of grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and french toast and scrambled eggs and i toast bread on the stove. so it´s getting better. and carmen taught me how to make hot chocolate here. they do it this special way that i really like. they heat up milk on the stove and add a mixture of cocoa, cornstarch and sugar and water all stirred up that you stir into the milk. it is yummy because it is just hot chocolate and but with the corns starch it makes it thicker. i have actually thinking i could making pudding and simply add more corn starch. that´s basically what their hot chocalate is, runny pudding. i like it though and carmen says it´s a way to keep from starving, but she means it a little more literally than we do when we use that expression. haha.

mom I don´t really have time to write about the zone conference and i don´t think you will get that letter because of the soda explosion, but it was good and i met some other hermanas that were really nice and hermana moreno thinks one of them, hna halladay from new york, will be my companion at this next change. she seemed quiet but super sweet. speaking of which at nine o clock at night on mothers day we find out about transfers so i was thinking maybe you could call me at nine thirty my time, is that six thirty your time? and you need to let me know if you are going to call me or if i´m going to call you, they like the families to call us so that we don´t have to pay the phone bill, but if you want me to call you that is fine, i just have to leave money for the new hermanas to pay the phone bill. so let me know.

okay, i typed as fast as i could and actually have gone way over on time. i love you and i´ll let you know next week if the packages came and how the hna´s conference went.

Un beso grande! Love Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment