Monday, April 26, 2010

Thank you!

Hey everyone! I think when I wrote this last week I saved it instead of sending it! I´m sorry! So here it is now and I´ll be sending another.

Thank you all for your emails! I only skimmed them but I will print them later and try to answer any questions next week. Also, Amy I got your email last Tuesday, so the next day, which means anyone who responds to this today, I should receive it tomorrow which is awesome! It´s also nice that anyone can write to that address, friends and family alike, so make good use of it! Once again, urugoest@gmail.com.

I´m attaching some pictures of our house and the dog that lives in our yard. The house we rent is actually in the backyard of an older couple, I wrote a letter that tells more about all that. The dog´s name is Kafu and he´s no sally but he makes me feel safe at night! And dont worry mom he´s actually safe to touch!

IMPORTANT the mission office is being moved so there is a new address. Start sending letters and packages to:

Hermana Casebolt
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
Agraciada 2893 #401
Montevideo Uruguay 11.600

But don´t worry the ones you sent should still get here. And just a reminder, always put pictures of Christ on the outside of packages, everyone does it because people here will leave it alone because they are super superstitous. You can buy stickers, print some offline or cut them out of ensigns and tape them on the box.

Okay, so as far as my week goes I decided to tell you a little about some of the people we´ve been working with. Adriana and her son Gabriel are the ones who accepted a baptismal date, the 30th of this month. The hermanas before us had been working with them, well actually the just taught them one lesson. But Adriana has truly been prepared by the Lord and He guided us to her. She had been looking for a church that felt right but couldn´t find it. Every time we teach her she will say, ´´oh I didn´t get that in my other church, or they teach it this way and I never could understand how it could be that way, but now I get it, this makes sense´´. It is really cool and humbling because we honestly don´t have to even do anything, we are literally just instruments in the hands of the Lord.

We have also been working with a man named Carlos. His wife was baptized a while ago but he still isn´t. They have some marital problems and I think part of the reason he doesn´t get baptized is because she wants him too. But he came to church yesterday and then later sent us a text message (all the hermana companionships get a cell phone) thanking us for our concern and efforts in his behalf. It came as a surprise to me to be honest but a good one and we hope he will get baptized soon.

I don´t know if I have already told you about Carmen or maybe I did in a letter that you haven´t recieved yet, she is the relief society pres and a ward missionary and she does a ton for us. Plus she is hilarious and I always feel like she knows how I´m feeling and cares so much about me, I love her so much. But anyways we went to her house the other day and Hna moreno snuck up behind her and scared her so now she is out for revenge. She keeps saying ´´abran sus ojos´´ or ´´keep your eyes open´´ then the other day were walking in the street and this moped comes by and the person on it yells ´´abran sus ojos´´ and then that night there was a note on our door that said ´´abran sus ojos´´. it is so funny and hna moreno is so scared. that same night though i went in the bathroom and used black eyeshadow to write it on the inside of the lid of the toilet so when she went in later and lifted the lid it said abran sus ojos and now she is sure that carmen somehow has broken into our house. it is so funny and she tells everyone about it and when she does i stand behind her and point to myself and mouth that i did it so everyone, including carmen knows that I did it except Hna moreno. It is really hilarious.

Well I am out of time. Sorry I feel like my emails are never very good and always really short. I try to make up for it with letters though, are you getting those? I send at least one to mom and dad every week and then alternate with everyone else. But let me know if there is anything specific you are not liking, too short, too long, too boring, whatever. and let me know if you are getting my letters.

Tomorrow we have district meeting so hopefully I will receive some packages and I´m sure I´ll get your emails if you sent them to urugoest so that will be good. I love you so much! sososososo much!!!

Love Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment