Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cambios - Changes

Hey there everyone! I skimmed through your emails but don´t have to to print them and all that so I will try to answer some of your questions but your best bet is to send them to the mission email and I´ll try and write letters, because I have lots of other things I want to tell you today.

First thing is first, my new area is SALTO!!!!! I have heard that it is the promised land and that they have tons of baptisms, it is beautiful (this i know because I´ve seen pictures, it really is georgeous, trees, lakes, etc) and it is one of the warmest areas during the winter. So I am really happy. Also, my new companion is Hermana SALISBURY!!!! I have heard wonderful things about her from all of the hermanas and before I even knew she would be my companion I probably would have said she is the most liked hermana in the mission. Everyone raves about how great she is and hermana flores called me last night and told me I am so lucky and that salto with salisbury is the most ideal change you can get. So yeah me! I just hope that I can be as good of a companion for her. The other thing that makes me so excited is that I don´t leave till tomorrow morning at 6 so tonight I am going to go stay with hermana flores because her companion comes tomorrow. hna moreno is going back to taecuarembo and is very excited about that, she was there before artigas and was working with a family of 8 who will be married and baptized this month. and as far as her being a great missionary, if you count baptisms yes she is. hna and mcewen and i talked about this and the thing is, she always has baptisms fall into her hands. like with us, the baptisms we had were investigators that the previous hnas had worked with and left for us in the area notebook, and cristian just showed up at the galvans house and wanted to be baptized, and judy i´m actually not worried about him because he has already been attending a while with his uncle and cousins and i think they will support him and keep him active, and he really doesn´t act like a typical ten year old, he is really an impressive kid.

Anyways, I also wanted to tell you because I forgot to over the phone that I have been making brownies this week! Amy thank you for the recipe. i have made them four different times and they turned out wonderful! Once for carmen and her family and then we went back and made them againg to teach her daughter how to do it, another day we made them with carlos and yolanda and then when we got done we went to the church so carlos could do his baptismal interview with the zl and we took some of the brownies to them and the liked them so much that yesterday the called us early in the day and told us the would give us our changes early if i would make them brownies again. So this morning I made more and some of our zone went to brazil and I took them with us. the elders were very happy. It was kind of weird though because it almost seemed like a dating activity that we would meet up somewhere and bring them brownies, but whatever, i just do what i´m told.

Mom I was going to tell you on the phone but forgot that i still don´t know if elder morris will get through because only two elders were able to when i was at the airport. for one thing there are only two phones in the terminal and they are hard to figure out and the operator speaks spanish and it took us a couple of hours before we finally figured it out. So tell her if she doesn´t hear from him that is probably why.

Amy, I think caprincho is a some kind of big rat, they also eat armadillo. The other day carlos cooked for us and the rice had meat in it and the next day he told us it was caprincho and something else that sounds gross but the food had been really good. and yes people here drink mate all the time but we are not allowed to drink it and they know that so it hasn´t been a problem. Oh, and I was so not mad at all, I´m sorry it seemed like it! I was just so shocked and didn´t know if I should be happy or cry or what and it just took me by such a surprise! But I wish that you had called on Sunday! bummer. Oh and i think i know what shoes she is talking about. they are super cool and i really want to get some. to me they look like toms shoes but they have kind of a straw-woven bottom if that makes sense. or she might be talking about some others that are kind of like the old jelly water shoes but they are really cute. I´ll definitley end up buying some of the toms ones and i´ll send pictures.

Jennie thanks for the pictures, emma is so big! I can´t believe how much she has changed. tell her to stop growing and wait for me to get home!

A couple days ago I finally sent a couple of packages that I have had sitting around. one i sent to amy and paul and one to mom and dad. amy and pauls have two alfajores and mom and dads have a whole bunch. alfajores are a south american treat and i like them a lot. kind of like ding dongs but better i send them cheap though so it might take a month or so to get them.

Okay well I´m out of time but I love you a lot, I´m excited about this change, I´m hoping a package will arrive on thursday, and I will email you next monday, i think. LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment