Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Week

Hey Mom! Thanks for your email! It sounds like things are good at home! That is funny about grandma and grandpa, and thanks for the knee highs! I sent a bunch of letters on Monday, it took me a while to find stamps so thats why they didnt come sooner. I will also send some more letters today including a picture of all the districts that leave on tuesday. Thats right tuesday. I am almost done at the CCM. So crazy. I didnt get any letters today but I am assuming the mail is just a little slow but i hope they will get to the mission hope if they have to be forwarded from here. I did get one letter from Sister Gardner, it was so nice and she sounds like a really cool girl. She basically just said welcome to the mission field and stuff like that and thanks for bringing her camera, although i have not gotten it to her yet.

Last Saturday we went proselyting in Buenos Aires! It was a pretty good experience but a little hard and uncomfortable at first but I must say I was surprised that my companions who speak spanish were even more timid than I was! I had to be the one to walk up to people and start talking! It was good for me though. I wrote a letter about it so I wont go too much in depth here but we did teach a good lesson to a lady named Alejandra. We clapped outside her house and then taught her out front. She is married and has two little kids and another on the way. We have an appointment to go back on this saturday and teach her again so Im hoping it will go well and that she will have done the reading and praying that we left for her.

This week has been a little more frustrating as far as the language goes and really just everything in general, but I still love it, its such a good experience to have. My teacher has told our class that they are lucky that I have a buena onda, good way or personality or something, because I guess sometimes when other sisters have been put in latino districts they have not handled it well and would not get along with everyone and cry a lot and stuff. So it makes me feel good that he thinks I am doing so well.

Unfortunately Hermana Smith has not been doing so well. She hasnt really adapted the missionary lifestyle and doesnt really understand that obedience is a principle that we must follow even if we dont understand all of the rules. I still get along with her really well but she has been butting heads with other elders, the teachers, and even the president. I also wrote to you more about the situation but one of their big concerns is she spends a lot of time talking to one specific elder and they kind of segregate themselves in the classroom and at sports. This morning President George called me to his office to talk about the situation and see if I could offer any extra insight or advice on what could be done. I didnt have too much to offer because quite frankly i think she needs to humble herself before she can be taught anything and if she doesnt do it soon shes going to have problems.

I have been getting really close to Hermana Crofts this week. She is so great and we are hoping to be companions eventually. Last night I got in one of my roommates lockers and then Crofts and Smith asked her if they could borrow her nail polish so she went to get it and i was in there when she opened her locker and I scared her so badly. It was hilarious and we laughed about it so hard! She took it well though and told me the war is on! You should have seen her face though, it was sheer terror! So funny.

Jennie, thanks for your email, Im glad Emma is doing so well. Ive got a picture of her in my scriptures and i show it to everyone and talk about her all the time. I miss you all so much but she is one that I miss most because I know how much she must be changing already! I love looking at her pictures though and it just makes me want to kiss those kissy cheeks! She is such a little cutie!

I hope that you get my letters soon and if you have gotten them send me a quick note so that if Im able to recheck my email later i will know. I sent one to you-mom one to jennie and ryan, one to amy and paul and one to the girls and grandma and grandpa. Just dont think I havent been thinking of you because I have, I just had to find some stamps, but luckily another elder gave me a bunch because he said he only emails. Not much new has happened this week so I dont have a ton to say, we just have classes and the usual stuff. It has been so fun but i{m glad i will be able to go to Uruguay on Tuesday rather than doing another 6 weeks here of the same stuff. The next email you get I should have a lot of news to tell you! Until then I love you so much! I blow a kiss to our family picture every night! Please forward this and I have amy or jennie post my district picture on facebook please!!

Love, Hermana Casebolt or Rayo which means Bolt and I also use sometimes. Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment