Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the corner of Memory and Santa Clause

Just in case someone wakes up really early this morning and has to wait to open presents, I thought I'd share a little poem so they'll have something to read while they wait. Consider it part of your Christmas present Amy....Oh! I mean, whoever you are...

It's Christmas night and I'm in my bed,
thoughts of presents run through my head.
I hope I get that Barbie Jeep,
I hope that Santa thinks I'm asleep.

Between the trundle bed there is a crack,
And that is where I've hit the sack.
It's not too comfy, but I don't care,
I'm wearing padded underwear!!

I'm getting thirsty, my mouth is dry,
It think a piece of ice I'll try.
But my big sister is awful quick,
and she thinks up a mean old trick.

Holding a blanket she blocks my eyes,
But secretly peeks at her own suprise.
She is so naughty and has such gall,
I don't know why Santa brought her anything at all.

Maybe next year I'll write him a letter,
and tell him for her coal would be much better.
I don't know why, but I love her still;
even though she is such a pill!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I love, love, love this blog post. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete