Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hot and Cold

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but it seems that some kinds of heat are better than others. For example, when some people get cold, they like to take a hot shower, run a hair dry over their hands, or turn up the furnace. For me, the best heat is from a space heater. For some reason crawling into bed at night with the space heater on makes me feel so cozy, but there's only one problem; I'm one of those weirdos who likes it to be cold while I sleep. Don't worry though, I've found a solution. A little while before going to bed I crack open the window to let my room get cold and right before snuggling down under the covers, I turn on the space heater...leaving the window slightly open. That's right, I sleep with my window open and my space heater on. It's a little strange I know and maybe counter intuitive, but it makes me sleep so much better. Does anybody else have some weird sleeping quirks?

2 comments:

  1. I've created a MONSTER! Jk. Paul thinks that it is weird that I like to sleep with one leg under the covers and one leg on top of the covers. It is the same hot and cold concept in play I think. When I was little I always wanted to sleep on top of the covers but madre wouldn't let me. She said that she would allow one leg on top but everything else had to be under, that was it. I'm sure that is where this comes from. And I'm sure she will deny ever saying any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely the same way. More so now than ever. I attribute it to father keeping the house cooler. I love sleeping in a cold room, but it is hard to wake up and get out of bed when I am so cozy.

    ReplyDelete